Friday, September 16, 2011

Time Flies


I’ve promised Part 2 of how I chose my Nashbar X Cyclocross frame and I want to go into the geometry and the theory behind how I sized the frame, but that will have to wait for now.  Since time is ticking by this fall and I am in the process of looking for a new job, getting things buttoned up for the winter around the house, and riding when I can… I just wanted to include a brief update for today.

Critz Kermis
I will be racing the Critz Kermis tomorrow at Critz Farm in Cazenovia.  This will be my first CX race and obviously I do not have my cheap cyclocross rig ready to go yet, so I’ll be humping my old Haro mountain bike around the course for 40 minutes in the Mens Open class.  Bummer, but it’s my current reality.

Parts List
I don’t have everything I need yet, but I will list what I have, sans details and pricing.  But all of this stuff was bought on the cheap from either Nashbar or Pricepoint:

  • Nashbar X Aluminum Cyclocross Frame
  • Nashbar Carbon Cyclocross fork (aluminum steerer)
  • Cane Creek 40 Series headset
  • Tektro front cable hanger
  • Tektro seatpost clamp/cable hanger
  • SetteVenn seatpost
  • Raceface Cadence stem (120mm)
  • Raceface Cadence bars (42cm)
  • Vuelta Corsa HD wheelset
  • FSA Gossamer Compact Road crankset w/BB (36/46)

Obviously there are many more components yet to source, but I’m still on track for meeting my sub-$900 criteria.  For the most part, I have the rest of the drivetrain figured out, but I’m up in the air on brakes still.  I’ll price these parts out and offer an explanation for my decisions in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment